The EU Whistleblowing Directive – The Road to Compliance
Session held on Tuesday, May 18, 2021
For the uniform establishment of whistleblower protection, the European Union issued the so-called Whistleblowing Directive (EU) 2019/1937 in the fall of 2019. It came into force on December 16, 2019 and must be transposed into national law by EU member states no later than December 17, 2021.
In our survey “What legal technology would be most beneficial to your organization in 2021 ?”, 60 % of respondents asked for tools to streamline or automate compliance. In response to the EU Whistleblower Protection Directive, Littler has partnered with WhistleB to offer employers across Europe a secure and trusted employee whistleblowing system.
In this session, attendees will learn more about the current legislative status in various EU countries, Littler | Whistle Protect – a whistleblowing system by WhistleB – and the benefits of implementing an employee whistleblowing system on the example of Stena AB Group.
Topics to be covered include :
- EU Whistleblower Protection Directive – what is changing for employers in the EU ?
- Littler | Whistle Protect – a whistleblowing system by WhistleB
- Case Study : Why Stena AB Group implemented an employee whistleblowing system
- National implementation of the EU Directive in three simultaneous cross-border sessions
- Session A : Austria, Germany, Norway, Poland
- Session B : Belgium, France, Netherlands
- Session C : Ireland, Italy, Spain
7:00 – 8:30 a.m. PT
8:00 – 9:30 a.m. MT
9:00 – 10:30 a.m. CT
10:00 – 11:30 a.m. ET
3:00 – 4:30 p.m. BST
4:00 – 5:30 p.m. CEST