This book (published May 2019) explains which clauses employers can insert in the employment contract to deter employees from joining competitors, poaching former colleagues, soliciting or dealing with customers or divulging business secrets. It also elaborates on whether a clause which violates the eligibility requirements is void if the employee invokes invalidity, or whether it is up to the court to moderate the clause in that case in order to make the clause valid. The book also gives an overview of the remedies employers have if they have reason to believe that an employee has breached the restrictive covenant (injunction and financial remedy or damages). ■
This could also interest you :
- Employers in Belgium : how to deal with partial lockdown until 3/04/20 ?
- Sending Your Employees to Belgium : What (Not) to Do ? – Webinar 30/03/20
- Annulment of discriminatory “cash for car”-law probably without much practical impact
- Opinion Advocate General (26/11/19) on TUPE Directive in case of business transfer to various transferees
- Webinar 25/09 – Termination of employment under Belgian law